Are you a healthcare provider looking to offer exceptional care and outstanding patient management? Luckily, the days when you had to be backed by a global systems integrator to be able to bring innovative technology to your business are long gone. With the help of the Salesforce AppExchange, even the smallest clinic can provide the highest standard of patient communication and service.
In this article, we are going to show you some of the best Salesforce Healthcare solutions that will transform, modernize and elevate patient experience, while helping your organisation improve pre-care to post-care quality.
Before we begin: Health Cloud
Salesforce offers an industry-specific Cloud for the healthcare industry called Salesforce Health Cloud. This native solution from Salesforce provides a patient and member relationship platform to deliver more personalized engagement. By combining clinical, financial, and patient-generated data, it streamlines administrative operations and equips medical teams with a holistic, 360° patient profile. Additionally, it boosts loyalty through a personalized experience across every touchpoint.
Although it is possible to deliver enhanced patient care using other Salesforce Clouds, the aforementioned industry-specific features make Health Cloud a leading choice for many organizations. Some of the listed solutions below require Health Cloud, while others don’t.
With that out of the way, let’s discuss solutions that can elevate your patient experience and engagement to a whole new level.
What it is: An interoperable healthcare IT solution built on top Salesforce Health Cloud to address challenges of patient relationship management
Who it’s for: hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics, individual providers, rehabilitation centers, diagnostic lab centers
- Centralizes patient information in one EHR (Electronic Health Record) framework
- Offers an easy to use patient portal to access medical reports and appointment bookings
- Streamlines operations through an e-prescribing, lab, and imaging interfaces
- To secure effortless and private communication between patients and doctors, it provides telehealth consultations
- A scalable, modular, secure and web-based solution
Pricing: $199 per user (one time)
What it is: PatientX is a Lightning Bolt template for Experience Cloud used as an accelerator to be configured for clients to deliver an innovative digital experience platform to engage patients from pre-care to post-care.
Who it’s for: Small to mid-size healthcare companies (can be adapted for other industries)
- Facilitates engagement and communication with patients from pre-care to post-care
- Patient self-service and automated appointment scheduling based on real-time availability and staff service to enhance patient communications and reduce administration
- Includes direct messaging and video conferencing abilities for 1-2-1 Doctor/patient communication
- Streamlines workflows and takes the admin burden away from the healthcare providers
- Accelerates the diagnosis and support to remote or immobile patients through telehealth consultations
- It delivers a personalized experience through direct, private, and secure chats with doctors across various devices
- It is highly scalable and easily customizable
What it is: A health data application to support customer engagement with AI assistance and recommended actions.
Who it’s for: Medical providers
- Provides a 360° patient profile by joining clinical, claims, and consumer interaction data
- Next Best Actions (NBAs) for every customer based on the AI-driven data science models
- It prioritizes growth and service quality through aligning metrics with Value-based care (VBC) and Fee-for-service (FFS) models
- Combines business opportunities with health path needs
- Integrated with Salesforce Health Cloud and Marketing Cloud
Pricing: Starting at $15,000 per month
What it is: A native Salesforce digital healthcare compliance platform to help ensure compliance in healthcare provider organizations.
Who it’s for: US-based healthcare facilities of all sizes
- It provides reliable and simplified compliance processes through 25+ modules supporting extensive regulations ( HIPAA, OIG, HRSA, etc)
- It ensures business and clinical operations policies, human resources quality and patient safety
- Standardizes incident reporting and internal investigations through online reporting, tracking, and resolution information all in one place
- Contains reports and dashboard for analysis of compliance practices
- To maximize risk management, it offers a Learning Management System module to track and control respective employee training and support medical compliance education management
Pricing: Starting at $360 per company per month
What it is: Customizable document automation solution for Salesforce that streamlines document creation, capture, and delivery.
Who it’s for: Healthcare, life science, insurance, and finance organizations
- Simplifies the processing and exchanging of traditional and digital documentation
- It supports multi-channel intake through fax, scan, postal, email, and portal channels
- To gain a 360° patient view, it connects all documents with Salesforce workflows and data
- To enhance the efficiency it links related data, triage pages and initiates document journeys all together
- It automates the process of attaching documents to the relevant Salesforce objects once returned.
Pricing: Starting at $25 per user per month
What it is: Live video support platform with Augmented reality and AI enhancements.
Who it’s for: Healthcare and life science organizations, insurance companies, telecommunications, power & utilities, etc.
- It provides two-way, face-to-face video chat consultations
- Available on any device even without uploading the app
- With the optical character recognition feature that can pull up any relevant documents in Salesforce, screen share, and annotation functionality, it facilitates comprehensive care coordination and immersive patient experience
- It can be used for medical device support to resolve issues remotely, thereby significantly reducing downtime
- It is compatible with Service Cloud and Health Cloud
Pricing: Starting at $3,000 per company per month
Salesforce Healthcare Solutions for every healthcare provider
Patient experience is critical in today’s world. Creating a personal and helpful environment combined with a modern, digital-centric approach is the only way to go. The beauty of the Salesforce platform is that it provides both core solutions and customized apps to match your unique needs. While it is impossible to cover every business case and healthcare need, this selection of Salesforce healthcare apps can provide instant enhancements to your patient care and organizational management. If you would like additional personalized recommendations, contact us and we can find the right Salesforce solution for you.
Regional Vice President of Sales for the UK & Ireland
VRP Consulting UK
About the Author
Roger Bailey has been in the IT Industry for over 32 years with the last four years in the Salesforce eco-system focusing enterprise transformation. Roger has delivered excellence across industries including Healthcare with solutions for Patient relationship management, Customer Experience programs, integration, implementation and strategy engagements on the Salesforce platform.