What are the biggest reveals in the Salesforce Winter ‘23 Release Notes? VRP Consulting’s Head of Architecture, Mark Hartnady, explores the highlights.Read more
Do you struggle with project delays due to team absences? You are not alone. Luckily, having a solid management solution in place can solve that problem. 88% of “best-in-class” companies automate their time and attendance data collection to ensure continuous resource allocation and boost workforce productivity. However, not every tool is made equal, and finding the best fit can be challenging. With the help of Salesforce AppExchange, you can choose the perfect solution that will match your needs and the scale of your business.
From dedicated solutions to larger platforms with a time-off management feature, in this article, we’ll show you some of the best Salesforce absence management tools that can transform and elevate the way that your organization handles workforce attendance.
What it is: A Salesforce native application that takes the hassle out of managing and tracking time-off.
Who it’s for: Organizations of every size
- Enables time-off automation taking into account company holidays, rollover, and accruals
- Facilitates request and approval processes for any type of time off, even including hourly and half-days
- Includes email replies without the need to log in to Salesforce
- Offers both mobile and desktop access
- Provides reports and dashboards for payroll monitoring
Pricing: $5 per user per month
What it is: An easy-to-use app that enables businesses to optimize employee workload through absence management.
Who it’s for: Managers who need an efficient tool to drive collaboration between larger, distributed teams and want to ensure resource allocation.
- Facilitates time-off requests and gives employees the ability to add colleagues to cover their projects
- Provides a clear source of employee availability with an automatically updated, transparent calendar overview
- Improves work scheduling by keeping all data in one place, including localized data (regional days off such as national holidays)
- Enables calendar personalization with custom request types, filters, icons, and design elements
- Optimizes resource allocation, makes day-to-day work more efficient, and improves collaboration
- Native Salesforce application
- Seamlessly connects with Salesforce Cloud and Experience Cloud
- Secures the protection of sensitive data
What it is: A Salesforce native HR suite.
Who it’s for: Managers looking for a solution that includes absence and resource management.
- Streamlines holiday management
- Provides time-off expenses reports
- Includes holiday accruals
- Can be integrated with any third party application
- Along with absence management, it supports workforce management, timesheets, performance tracking, payroll, and recruitment, etc.
Pricing: Starting at $5 per employee per month
What it is: A HR platform built on top of Salesforce to manage and automate all kinds of employee data including time-off management.
Who it’s for: Managers looking for an automation solution that goes beyond absence management.
- Provides transparent absence overview with calendars, team rundowns, and customizable filters
- Simplifies time-off requests and approvals with emails and push notifications
- Includes automatic allocation of absence balances, public holiday calendar, shifts, and workloads
- Enables access through mobile and integration with Google Calendar
- As well as absence management, it supports document management, shift planner, time tracking, payroll, recruiting, performance management, etc.
Pricing: €8 per user per month
5. Sage People
What it is: A cloud-based, end-to-end HR system.
Who it’s for: Mid-sized companies looking for a solution that would also include attendance management.
- Facilitates scheduling and tracking absences through a self-service portal
- Ensures compliance with leave management regulations
- Provides transparent team overview with notifications
- Includes a monitoring tool to keep track of absence costs and workforce trends
- Apart from the absence management, it supports HR analytics, workforce management, talent acquisition, etc.
Pricing: Starting at £7 per employee per month
Which absence management tool is right for you?
Resource planning is critical when it comes to preventing project blockages. Having access to practical tools that will help you monitor resource availability to ensure project delivery stays on schedule will help you avoid financial consequences or reputational damage brought by delays. With the selection of options for different needs in this article, I’m sure you’ll find the best absence management tool for you.
These are all great platforms, but we truly believe in our app — WorkforceX. It was designed specifically to empower employees and promote proactive collaboration within disparate teams. You can download it for FREE and it doesn’t require any commitments in other areas of employee and workforce data management. It was designed by project managers for project managers and we are not only a proud creator but also a happy user. WorkforceX has been tried and tested by VRP Consulting employees who use it on a daily basis.
If you have any questions, would like an additional personalized recommendation, or any other expert advice, contact us today. We will be more than happy to find the best option for you.
About the Author
Andrey Popov is the Product Owner at VRP responsible for guiding the development of our VRP Accelerators and Lightning Bolt solutions. Andrey has over five years of experience working on Salesforce development helping bring hundreds of products to market.